OBS: during the year 2013 no new project proposals will be taken up.
A project is defined as an individual or collaborative enterprise that is carefully planned and designed to achieve a particular aim.
Our projects benefit the target group of Van Deventer-Maas Stichting.
Projects must be of an educational nature and chiefly concern underprivileged, well governed or promising institutions, empowering these institutions to improve the quality of their educational output.
Organizations requesting support for projects must meet certain criteria
- Is realized by a qualified, well governed educational institution (See Selftest Organizations
- Has a clear objective (SMART).
- Is set up systematically, preferably in a 'logframe'.
- Has a competent project leader with a good reputation and high integrity, backed by management and stakeholders.
- Has an innovative approach.
- Is well managed ('zakelijk') and monitored during the realisation.
- Is evaluated and reported on after completion.
- Has sustainable results.
- Is co-financed by the beneficiary itself, VDMS and possibly another source.
- Has earmarked funds.
- Has a duration of no more than 3 years.
Project subsidies can cover:
- The training or upgrading of staff (teachers and management)
- The purchase of educational tools (hardware and software)
- The development and implementation of methods (management, educational)
Not subsidized are:
- Operational costs and/or deficits
- Infrastructure (buildings, streets)
- Emergency aid and direct aid, which does not lead to ‘mandiri’